You give a lot of advice each week – any way to sum it up quickly for those of us who need the Reader’s Digest version?
I recently came across a posting on one of my favorite Facebook pages that I shared on my Facebook business page (Kathe Barge Howard Hanna Sewickley) that I think does an outstanding job doing just that for sellers! Quoted from The Lighter Side of Real Estate, the following are words to live by if you are selling a home, presented in a brief, easily remembered format:
“Twelve Things You Should Know About Real Estate:
- A Home is Worth What a Buyer is Willing to Pay
- Updates May Not Increase the Value, But They Increase the Chances of Getting it Sold
- Cleanliness is Godliness
- Curb Appeal is the First (and Strongest) Impression
- Pet Odor and Clutter Leave the Longest Lasting Impressions
- Neutral Paint and Décor Will Always Appeal to the Masses
- Cheap Fixes or Updates Will Result in a Cheap (Low) Offer
- Everything is Negotiable
- Time is of the Essence
- Location Location Location
- Buyers Notice Things They Want to Change Before They Notice Any Updates
- When Priced Right It Will Sell”
Keep these principles in mind and apply them when selling your home and its sure to be a success!
309 Quaker Road
Picture perfect, modern aesthetic is combined with historic charm in this beautifully remodeled Sewickley Village home. With 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, newer white kitchen, mudroom, main level office, 2 car garage and fenced backyard, this fantastic home is in impeccable condition throughout!
928 Blackburn Road
This immaculate Sewickley Heights home was transformed from an historic barn just two decades ago! On a private 5 acre lot backing to the Allegheny Land Trust, the main home features 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, an expansive great room with soaring ceilings and woodburning fireplace. On the lowest level are the original stables with 4 stalls, but this space would also be perfect for other farm animals or vehicles. The property also conveys with a renovated guest cottage with 3 BRs, 3baths.
As an Associate Broker at
HOWARD HANNA REAL ESTATE SERVICES,
Kathe Barge, CRS, ABR, CNE, is ready to answer any
questions you may have regarding your real estate needs.
Feel free to contact her at the office (412) 741-2200 x238,
or on her mobile phone (412) 779-6060.